What is the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA ) Youth Services Program?
The WIOA program serve youth in-school and out of school between the ages of 16-24 years old. The WIOA Youth programs are located in youth centric EmployNV Youth Hubs which offers educational, employment, and training services that assist youth in obtaining their education, employment and career goals.
How do we help?
Each EmployNV Youth hub is staffed with Career Coaches trained to offer youth career exploration activities, work readiness and employability skills, paid internships and work experience opportunities, leadership development, preparation for college, and training services at no-cost.
Who should apply?
- – Youth between the ages of 16-24
- – In school or Out-school (high school graduates or disconnected from High school)
- – Nevada Resident
- – Eligible to work in the US
- – Registered for Selective services for males 18 years and older
- – Low-income requirement may apply
- – Facing an eligible WIOA barrier
If interested, please click here and complete the youth interest form
Below are the youth services available to all youth based on their needs assessment and individual service strategy which encomYouth Program passes the goals of each youth and acts as their service roadmap.
Eligibility Determination and Assessments
- Orientation and Intake Assessment
- Objective assessment
- Individual Service Strategy (ISS)
Employment and Training Services
- Labor Market & Employment Information
- Occupational Skills Training
- Work-based Learning Activities to include
o Career Exploration
o Employability Skills
o Job Shadowing
o On-the Job Training
o Pre-Apprenticeship Program
o Work Experiences/Internships
- Follow-up Services
- Alternative Secondary Education
- Education Concurrent w/Workforce Prep Services
- Postsecondary Transition Services
- Tutoring and Study Skills
Well-being Focused Services
- Comprehensive Guidance & Counseling Services including drug and alcohol counseling and mental health.
- Financial Literacy
- Supportive Services
Growth Focused Services
- Adult Mentoring
- Entrepreneurial Skills Training
- Leadership Development
Want to Earn While You Learn?
Our Earn & Learn opportunities places youth ages 16-24 on work experiences, internships, and on-the-job training opportunities. These opportunities foster a youth’s first or limited working experience or allows a youth to explore high grown career pathways within Southern Nevada. Through local employer partnerships, you will boost your skills while you:
- > Earn livable wages
- > Gain experience with employers in the public, private, or non-profit sectors
- > Get connected with employers that may offer long-term employment opportunities and advancement opportunities
If you are ready to earn a paycheck while advancing your career goals, please complete the interest form below.
Interested in a Training Scholarship?
The EmployNV Youth Hub can help you upgrade your skills and move you along your career pathway! We provide training scholarship for eligible youth who want to work in high demand careers and gain industry recognized credentials.
If you are interested learning more about our available training scholarships, simply submit an interest form and one of our friendly Career Advisors reach out to help you determine the training opportunity that is right for you.
Want to learn more about high-demand careers in Nevada, please see the Workforce Blueprint 2.0 for local labor market information. https://employnvbusinesshub.org/business/ (Workforce Blue Print 2.0)
to view all WIOA eligible training options currently available